Thursday, September 24, 2009

Time flies when...

It is hard to believe that a month has past, to the day, since Colin's birthday! Today is not nearly as entertaining in Kingston but I certainly can't complain. We have had the "BEST SUMMER EVER" with sunshine following sunshine into September. We even managed some sun for lake visitors, so skiing, kayaking and bike riding were enjoyed by all.

On September 9, Colin and Susan drove into the lake driveway, continuing an already week long trek across the nation with stops for friends and family along the way. They really did see the best places in our land, deserving the rewards because of the sheer number of miles in between stops. We had a great bike ride from the cabin to our new favorite town, Spirit Lake. We also worked in some dock time, cooking time and a little skiing as well. There is never enough time to relax at the lake and never too much time with people I love but we did our best.

I really needed that time to gather up energy for the car shopping that faced me on my return to Kingston. The little blue Forester died on the mountain top- really the nemesis for that little car- and was not worth fixing. Bye bye little friend. So with much trepidation but with lots of support from "Saint Barbara of Theresa" I hit the dealerships. Of course I did my online work and went armed with sheaves of paper. The dealers didn't know what to do with the 2 crazy women facing them. In the end David and I drove off a lot in Lake City with a 2007 Toyota Rav4 with only 15,000 miles. I hope it will last at least 10 years because I really don't want to do that again. You KNOW how cranky I get in dealerships!

Now fall is here and pears are being processed in the canner and the dryer. The house seems empty with only David and I. Fortunately Kyrsa and Dave are coming this weekend to ease my way into the fall focus on teaching, remodeling and fiber; all the activities of the last throws of summer mixed with winter preparations. So, walk in the leaves when you find them in piles and remember continue summer explorations into the fall. Happy adventures and exploration to everyone.
Love, Mama Llama

No comments:

Post a Comment